Project Manager – Job Description
Reports to: Zenergy General Manager/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary responsibilities of the Zenergy Project Manager include the daily management of the operations of the company to include but not limited to short and long term planning and management of electrical projects, management of electrical employees, and financial outlook of the company. May also work in the field on electrical projects as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates scheduling of projects with electrical employees as well as any tools, equipment and resources needed to efficiently complete projects.
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical systems for customers while conforming to electrical codes and safety standards.
- Develops project objectives and aligns with employee’s technical feasibility.
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress, reports to key contacts and employees as well as identify and realign goals if time or resources are out of alignment.
- Continuously manages financial goals of each project individually as well as overall company goals on an on-going basis.
- Provides competitive bids for varying levels projects or services.
- Promotes quality workmanship as well as safety at all times.
- Prepares and negotiates change orders and communicates updates with designated employees.
- Negotiates high level purchase orders, tracks and verifies inventory.
- Trains, mentors and provides feedback to employees supervised.
- Accurately forecasts work load, staffing and lead times.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle free from major moving traffic violations.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced skillset to complete installation, maintenance and repairs of electrical systems.
- Considerable knowledge in solar industries and terminology.
- Knowledge of solar materials, terminology, supplies and equipment used.
- Capability of assisting in troubleshooting, developing solutions, and repairing accordingly.
- Considerable ability to manage multiple projects, schedules and budgets simultaneously.
- Considerable knowledge of English, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong ability to be self-motivated while executing agreed-upon strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Considerable ability to verbally communicate well with a positive and friendly manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects. The ability to be well organized and accept responsibility for and work under occasional stressful situations with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and the ability to maintain memory for and attention to details.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, the general public and to deal with public relations problems courteously and tactfully.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and/or equivalent
- Valid Master electrician license
- Valid and insurable drivers license
- 1-2 years estimating experience
- 5-8 years project management experience
If you don’t have a resume you may complete an application that can be found on our website at https://www.zenergyguide.com/index.php/employment